Membership at Mission Baptist Church
According to the practices of the New Testament church, every person who trusted in Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior and was baptized as a public testimony of their faith, was counted as members of a local church. There were no “regular attenders” who were not members or “non-attending members”, because the church, by definition, is an assembly of people who are united by their shared faith in Jesus Christ. Because of that, we believe that “membership” should be simple.
A person may become an official member of Mission Baptist Church by giving testimony of: 1) a relationship with Jesus Christ through repentance and the forgiveness of sins and 2) Baptism; OR by giving public testimony of their faith in Jesus Christ while participating in the ordinance of baptism.
It is expected of every member of Mission Baptist Church to be fully engaged in the life of church by:
- Obeying the Word of God (Hebrews 13:7; 17; 1 Peter 5:5)
- Honoring and praying for our church leaders (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
- Practicing the “One Another” statements in the New Testament in order to see fellow church members become like Jesus Christ
- Actively using our God-given time, talents, gifts, and treasures for the benefit of the church family
- Supporting the ministry of Mission Baptist Church financially in accordance with how the Lord has prospered (1 Timothy 5:17-18)
- Actively working to share Christ with the people outside our church, as we go throughout our week